I recently came across a humourous article from Glamour by Sarah Jio. She lists five ways to get over a cupcake craving. We have a similar problem. We both love cupcakes, but realize how bad they really are. Enjoy!
- Look at the frosting, now imagine all that ooey gooey creamy goop injected into your thighs or belly--because that's where it's going!
- Would you want to look like a cupcake? Didn't think so. One Vitamin G reader uses this trick: she avoids foods that she wouldn't want to look like (imagine a greasy pizza).
- As soon as you start craving a cupcake, eat a piece of fruit instead. Do it fast, before your brain convinces you that you need the cupcake. Wait 15 minutes and the craving will most likely fade.
- In a pinch, turn to a bran or carrot muffin instead--at least you'll be getting some healthy fiber and whole grains.
- Still want one? OK have one. But go to the bakery with a pal and make her promise that she won't let you have more than one.